Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mood lifters during the Winter Season!

Everyone reacts to the changing weather differently. Some are unphased by it and go about their hectic routines with an extra layer.

The other part of the population, may start to feel the Winter Blues setting in with the sun setting earlier. To off set this, research is recommnending to get outside with nature. Even just a few bouts of exercise outdoors or a short jog or walk in the sun can uplift move substantially and revitalize you for the day. An added bonus to try is leave the sun glasses at home. That's right, I said it; leave the Paris Hilton or Kardashian wannabe beta blockers at home for this short duration. The small amount of sun exposure will uplift your mood and energy level simulating the effects of light therapy! Since I have been doing this (and I typically only put myself through this momentary blinding exercise for 15 to 30 minutes tops), I have falling asleep much easier at night and sleep more restfully! Which, in turn, means that I will have much more energy the following day!

Try it this little tip as the days shorten to lift your mood.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite spot is relaxing on the leather love-seat after a crazy week! When the oppertunity arises, nothing beats the east coast of portugal...I leave a funny story later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part is that you can't go outside for a walk or somewhere with out shlepping everything under the sun with you. But, it is important to get outside! I agree!

    ReplyDelete