Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Discussion Begins!

First of all, I am writting from a learners standpoint. Although I have spent almost a decade researching, working and exploring the mind-body connection, developed a major out of it, and strive to incorporate this elusive connection in my training, I feel "the more I learn the less I know" (Socrates).

I will be trying to find the a niche in the healthcare field and the health and wellness field that addresses the person as a whole. This means that if we are looking at a physical disease, analyze either the pyschological route or how the disease effects the psyche of the individual. Even though support groups exist, I think people need to be more equipped to handle phenomena. The new focus on Preventative Medicine is helping bridge the gap, but I will be looking more for a an area of health that fuse taking care of both the Physical and Pyschological body. And as Yoga does address this issue, it isn't used for medical purposes in this culture so it does't count.

Any thoughts or ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment